Oakfields College, with campuses in Lynnwood Ridge, Pretoria and Greenstone, Johannesburg, was established to promote the development of skills training in a variety of industries, namely business, broadcasting, sound and photography, fashion and film, to name a few.
Who we are:
Nicole Finney and Vivien Keller started Oakfields College in 2005, a private tertiary education institute focusing on courses in the creative arts field.
Prior to starting Oakfields College, Nicole Finney was the marketing manager of the Damelin Education Group and Vivien Keller was the marketing director of the Damelin Education Group, having been with the group for ten and eleven years respectively.
Vivien Keller was a co-founder of the Allenby Campus Group in 1994. Nicole Finney joined the group in 1995. Prior to Allenby Campus being absorbed into the Damelin brand, Vivien was Group CEO and Nicole was Group Marketing Director.
When they made the decision to open their own educational institute, one of the driving forces behind this decision was the desire to open a college which embodied such principles as a unique experience for learners, strong focus on customer care, quality in all aspects of the business, a professional work ethic and environment, individual and personal attention and a sense of belonging for both learners, academic and administrative staff.
By offering these essential ingredients, we strongly believe that we have built a brand name that is synonymous with high quality and professionalism.
To be known as the career college that offers the best quality, most competitive career skills training available, and does so within a caring and customer-focused learning environment.
- To provide high quality, practical, skills training for the career success of our learners;
- To provide a professional learning environment that is both challenging and motivating;
- To care for our students in all aspects of their college life: academic, administrative, student services, etc - to be their life-coach;
- To earn a reputation for excellence and good corporate citizenship in South Africa and around the world;
- To have students choose our college, not because we are the biggest but because we are the best;
- To create an environment conducive to the personal growth, goals and happiness of our management and staff, who are our most important asset.
Why Oakfields College:
Whether you are studying full-time or part-time, towards a diploma or certificate, you will not find finer lecturers, notes or facilities than those at Oakfields College. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and our staff are extremely approachable.
- Lecturers are highly qualified and motivated
- Vibrant campus life with wonderful facilities
- Small classes offering individual attention
- Highly recognised international qualifications
- World-wide job opportunities
- Competitive fees
- Affiliation with leading local & international academic institutions
- Career advice by experts
- State-of-the-art technology used to enhance teaching methods
- Full-time or part-time options in many courses
- On-campus recruitment
- Wide range of career and study options
- Practical qualifications, which prepare you for the working world
- Regular examinations