van der Walt
You attended Oakfields College and did a
full time course with us. What course
did you study and what was your favourite subject in that course?
· I studied drama and performance studies was my
What are you currently doing now and is this
profession the one you studied towards?
· I am an acting coach and it is the profession I
What company are you currently working for
and how long have you been working there?
· I work for a company called Live Arts Little
Theatre and have been working there for a few months now.
What do you enjoy most about your current
· I am happy that I am able to hand over some of
my knowledge and that it is a job in my field (drama)
What advice would you give students
studying the same course that you did?
· This is now the rest of your life, have fun!
Know when to play and when to work. Success comes through hard work and
What is your definition of “happiness”?
· Being comfortable with who you are and your
life. Being positive and not always focusing on all that is going wrong around
What are the main lessons you have learnt
since you have started working?
· I have learnt that people appreciate honesty and
hard work. You should always take care of yourself as no one is going to do it
for you. Everyone is looking out for themselves.
If you could meet any famous person, who
would it be and why?
· President Obama because he is a world leader and
I love the way he speaks and can captivate anyone in the room. I would love to
learn to be such a captivating speaker.