At OAKFIELDS COLLEGE we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently, in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (hereafter referred to as “the POPI Act”).
About the Company
OAKFIELDS COLLEGE (PTY) LTD
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information such as your name and contact details to deliver our services accordingly. We collect information as provided by you. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional. Website usage information may be collected using “cookies”, which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
Personal information provided to OAKFIELDS COLLEGE by you will only be used for the purposes stated when the personal information is requested. We may use your personal information:
· to provide our services to you, as well as any goods that you may purchase from us (including goods you purchase from our website);
· to administer our various education programmes;
· to operate our facilities;
· to comply with our statutory obligations, including submissions to the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission, as well as interacting with regulatory authorities;
· to conduct business case analysis;
· to retain and make information available to you on the Website;
· to provide you with marketing that is relevant to you, or to direct information concerning OAKFIELDS COLLEGE;
· maintain and update our customer, or potential customer databases;
· to establish and verify your identity on the Website;
· diagnose and deal with technical issues, customer support queries and other user queries;
· operate, administer, maintain, secure and develop the Website and the performance and functionality of the Website;
· to protect our rights in any litigation;
· detect, prevent or deal with actual or alleged fraud, security or the abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the Website and/or contravention of this Privacy Notice or any of the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Website;
· communicate with you and keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
· inform you of any changes to the Website, the Privacy Notice or other changes which are relevant;.
· to create user profiles and analyse and compare how you and other users make use of the Website, including (without limitation) habits, click-patterns, preferences, frequency and times of use, trends and demographics;
· to analyse and compare the kinds of Access Devices that you and other users make use of and where you are using them; and
· for any other purposes relevant to our business activities, provided they are lawful.
Demographical and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of OAKFIELDSCOLLEGE websites. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregated and anonymised form and will not identify individual users.
OAKFIELDS COLLEGE will restrict its processing of your Personal Information to the original purposes for which it was collected , unless OAKFIELDS COLLEGE reasonably considers that it is required to be processed for another purpose and that purpose is compatible with the original purpose. If you would like us to explain how the further processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of our products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the POPI Act. We may also disclose your information:
· Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
· Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we do.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at email@example.com and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, as per the POPI Act.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. All personal information provided by you must be accurate.
Through your engagement with us you may be requested whether you agree to receive marketing communications from us. You may refuse, accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communications from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing ("direct marketing communications").
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by requesting us (in the manner set out in the communication or by contacting us at the contact details set out below) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you. If you have opted out, we may send you written (which may include electronic writing) confirmation of receipt of your opt out request, and not send you any further direct marketing communications. Please note that you may continue to receive communications from us that are not marketing related.
Definition of personal information
According to the POPI Act, ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice, you need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Details of the Information Regulator [POPI section 18(1)(h)(iii) and (iv)]
E-mail address: email@example.com
Call: Tel +27 012 406 4818
Write to them: The Information Regulator (South Africa); SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria
Web Address: http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html